Sunday, June 19, 2011

WORK WORK WORK.

Ok I'll be honest, I haven't had a whole lot of time for finding fun things to do in Lincoln. Between class and working two jobs, free time is minimal.

But I have concluded that the #1 way to stay busy over the summer is...working.

Here's why:
  • Depending on where you work, it can take up either a lot or a little of your time. Bored during the day? Get a 9-5 job. Need something to do on almost every single night and all weekend? Work in a restaurant :P
  • It's free. Not only is it free, you actually get paid to do it and it also saves you money. I spend much less money when I'm not going out as much, and I'm not going out as much because I'm working more.
  • Life skills. If you can find an internship or some job relatively applicable to what you want to do with your life, it'll probably help you a lot here in a couple years.
  • It can actually be fun. This again depends where you work. I complain about work all the time but I actually don't mind it and I work with some pretty cool people.
  • Necessity. Besides all the above reasons, unless you're spoiled by your rich parents way too much, most of us have to work. But hey, paying for school and books and gas and rent is always good.
So even though the majority of my summer is spent doing whatever random office tasks need to be done, or in a restaurant kitchen taking take-out orders and peeling vegetables, it's not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment