Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer in L-Town.

This blog is usually about college, or at least loosely relating to it. But since it is summer and I can only bitch about summer class so much (it's still terrible), I'm going to take a break from the whole "college experience" thing.

This is now (temporarily) a "Summer in Lincoln" blog.

I spose it's still relevant because I'm still a college kid and summer is part of college. Mostly, I'm just bored and even though I've lived in Lincoln for quite awhile now, I'm sure there are still some interesting things to do in this town. So I'm going to figure out what they are.

First on the list: Jazz in June.

Ok, I've been going to Jazz in June for years, but it's still fun. You sit outside, eat food, and listen to jazz. Or you sit outside, eat food, and talk to your friends while jazz music happens to be playing in the background. Whichever.

It's also an excellent people-watching venue.
You see all sorts of interesting things.
I have no idea why there was a person in an otter suit, but hey why not?

Oh hey poor college kids...it's free.

It's Tuesday nights at 7 pm during the month of June with a market-type thing that starts at 5. Dairy Store ice cream, greek lemonade, all sorts of deliciousness.

It's on UNL campus over by the Sheldon, Arch Hall, Westbrook, and Kimball hall, which is definitely the coolest part of campus.

I have a rare night off work tomorrow night so if it decides to warm up and actually feels like summer, I will definitely be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment